You might have noticed that your Nespresso machine has started to smell or stopped working completely. In such a situation, we apply different methods and even clean it from time to time, but nothing seems to work. All this happens because we do not know the right way to clean it. As a result, the coffee residue remains there, which later create problems in your beloved coffee maker.
To make sure that the Nespresso machine in your room completes its lifespan, you need to know a thing or two about descaling your Nespresso machine.
What is Descaling?
The act of regularly descaling your Nespresso machine tends to remove any harmful bacteria that might be cultivating in it. Therefore, it is considered to be a lot better than cleaning the machine. It is further recommended to descale it every three months. In case you use your Nespresso machine a lot, you need to clean it after every two 2 weeks or one month.
Why is it Important?
If you will not descale your espresso machine, you might start to experience some change in the quality of the coffee. In addition to that, the machine might also start to produce an acrid smell in extreme cases.
Tips on Descaling your Nespresso Machine
Here are few effective tips you can follow that will keep your espresso machine clean and that too, for long term.
In order to thoroughly clean your Nespresso machine, you will need a descaling solution kit. You can easily find it on an economical price form any departmental store or even online.
- You should remove every used capsule from the machine and empty the container.
- Then take a container with fresh water and put it under the machine.
- After making necessary adjustments turn the machine on. You might be required to press a button or two before initiating the descaling process. Remember that every machine has a different model and you have to read the manual before you start descaling.
- Furthermore, you might also have to refill the water container, but again, this is not essential in case of some models.
- Once you have completed the first cycle, you can repeat the process so that no junk remains in the machine.
- In the end, you just have to rinse the water container and add little fresh water to it. You should wait for least 15minutes before finally draining the solution.
- After it is done, you are then required to turn the machine on by pressing the same button. This final act will let the Nespresso machine dry and it should last for at least 10 minutes.
A Final Word
There are countless benefits of descaling and some of them are mentioned in the article. With the passage of time, all coffee machines store up the residue of calcium as well as lime. Therefore, it is quite pivotal to seriously take out time for your Nespresso machine maintenance. You should descale your machine so that it can strip away the deposits from the surface of the machine. This way you can ensure that your Nespresso machine keeps working properly for an enhanced period of time.