New Arrival from Ethiopia
October 10, 2016
Ethiopia Dama Cooperative is from the Dilla district, not far from Yirgacheffe town, in the Gedeo Zone of Ethiopia. The cooperative is a member of the umbrella Yirgacheffe Coffee Farmers’ Cooperative Union, and has a robust membership of over 1900 individuals. Coffee coming from Dama is both Certified Organic and Fair Trade.
Gedeo receives its name from the ethnic majority in the region, and shares a border to the north with the much larger Sidama zone. Within Gedeo, Yirgacheffe is recognized for its high degree of importance to Ethiopia’s coffee production. It’s especially notable that the town of Yirgacheffe was an early adopter of the fully washed method of processing coffee, where the coffee seed is mechanically depulped and then dried on raised beds.
- CERTIFICATIONS | Fair Trade 100% USDA Organic Certified
- ORGANIZATION | Compromised 1,900 members
- GEOGRAPHIC REGION | Dilla, Gedeo Zone, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' Region, Ethiopia
- ALTITUDE | 1750 - 2300 meters above sea level
- VARIETALS | Indigenous heirloom
- PROCESS | Fully Washed
- DRYING | Sun dried on raised beds
- HARVEST | October - December
- LOT | 1024
We proudly offer Organic Fair Trade Ethiopian Yirgacheffe YCFCU in the following products:
Batch #2019 October 10, 2016 - November 7, 2016
Batch #2021 November 7, 2016 - February 14, 2017